Friday, October 30, 2015

A More Perfect #Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our #Constitutional Liberties -Dr #BenCarson

A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties 





Dear Reader,


Many people have wondered why I’ve been speaking out on controversial issues for the last few years. They say I’ve never held political office. I’m not a constitutional scholar. I’m not even a lawyer. All I can say to that is “Guilty as charged.”


It’s true that I’ve never voted for a budget America could not afford. I’ve never raised anyone’s taxes. And I’ve never promised a lobbyist anything in exchange for a donation. 



Luckily, none of that really matters. Our founding fathers didn’t want a permanent governing class of professional politicians. They wanted a republic, in Lincoln’s words, "of the people, by the people, and for the people." A country where any farmer, small-business owner, manual laborer, or doctor could speak up and make a difference. 

I believe that making a difference starts with understanding our amazing founding document, the U.S. Constitution. And as someone who has performed brain surgery thousands of times, I can assure you that the Constitution isn’t brain surgery. 

The founders wrote it for ordinary men and women, in clear, precise, simple language. They intentionally made it short enough to read in a single sitting and to carry in your pocket. 

I wrote this book to encourage every citizen to read and think about the Constitution, and to help defend it from those who misinterpret and undermine it. In our age of political correctness it’s especially important to defend the Bill of Rights, which guarantees our freedom to speak, bear arms, practice our religion, and much more. 

The Constitution isn’t history—it’s about your life in America today. And defending it is about what kind of country our children and grandchildren will inherit. 

I hope you’ll enjoy learning about the fascinating ways that the founders established the greatest democracy in history—and the ways that recent presidents, congresses, and courts have threatened that democracy. 

As the Preamble says, the purpose of the Constitution is to create a more perfect union. My goal is to empower you to help protect that union and secure the blessings of liberty.

Sincerely,
Ben Carson



MOST POPULAR REVIEWS:

Fantastic Book so far!!!
By Deb
 Verified PurchaseI have only read the first chapter, but I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and 
excitement at what I am reading that I could not wait to leave a review! I will update 
the review after I am finished, but so far this book is exactly what every American 
needs read to understand the United States Constitution
 and why it is so important to uphold to protect our freedoms. Non-Americans that want 
to come to this country need to also read this book to understand how important 
it is that all Americans support the foundation of the Constitution that this 
country was built on, or they too may loose the freedoms and
 opportunities that made them want to come here in the first place.Dr. Ben Carson needs to be the next President of the United States
 because he understands thefoundation which this county was built on and the importance 
of keeping it in tact.


"A More Perfect Union" is no so much about Ben Carson as ...
I was pleasantly surprised! "A More Perfect Union" is no so much about 
Ben Carson as it is dissecting the Constitution. Of course, he adds his $


Excellent!
Like a Civics lesson for Grown-ups Excellent!


Every American should read this and become educated about the ...
Every American should read this and become educated about the United States constitution! 
There's still time to change this country!


An inspiring and informative reminder!
I confess I had not ready the U.S. Constitution since college... It was refreshing. 
I wish that every candidate and elected official would so comment on the U.S. 


Carson a man with a vision and a man of integrity.
By Bill 
Was on the fence on this guy until I read his life story and his philosophy of life.
May not agree with ALL his beliefs but he is the REAL deal. The country needs to
 realign its vision with real life.
If there is one thing I can say about the man is he is a straight shooter and 
won't change course to follow public opinion.
We need a President with a vision for our country. I can see he is the man 
to do this right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment